Are you parenting by the seat of your pants? Discover a new mindset to embrace the joy and madness of motherhood. Are your kids driving you crazy? Do you worry that despite your best efforts you still aren't doing enough? As a mother of two with a special-needs son, author Kathy Chlan knows what you're going through. With her popular blog, Unfiltered Mom, Chlan has helped countless parents navigate the chaos of raising kids. And now she's here to help you! Maternally Challenged: How My Special Needs Son Taught Me To Sack Up & Laugh! explores the day-to-day challenges of raising a special-needs child. Through heartwarming and hilarious personal accounts, you'll find that you aren't alone in dealing with family dysfunction. With Chlan's guidance, you'll learn methods to re-contextualize your troubles for a new outlook on parenthood and life. You may even start to laugh through the adversity.
In Maternally Challenged, you'll discover:
- That you aren't alone: all moms worry they don't know what they're doing
- What steps you can take when life throws you a series of curveballs
- How to stop dwelling on your mistakes and find time to appreciate the little victories
- How to teach your special-needs child that using disability as a crutch is never an option
- How to put terrible days and tantrums into greater perspective, and much, much more!
This book is your laugh-out-loud guide to making sense of motherhood. If you like practical advice, using laughter as medicine, and personal stories from one mom's journey, then you'll love Kathy Chlan's motivational resource.