#BlastFromPast 50 Questions
These are the 50 Questions Everyone Should Answer, and I have been wanting to do it for awhile, so why not now?
1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? 19.
2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? Never trying.
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? Because you do what you have to do to get by, like it or not.
4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? Yes.
5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? Money situations.
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Owning a bookstore.
7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? Doing what I believe in.
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? Make more memories for my kids.
9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? I think for the most part, I have pretty much controlled it all.
10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? Doing things right.
11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? Tell them that she is my friend, and what she is really like.
12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Do what makes you happy in life.
13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? Of course.
14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? All the time.
15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Oh gosh. I really don’t know.
16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? Everyone has different likes and dislikes. We are not all the same.
17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back? Completely redecorate my entire house. But I can’t do it, due to the fact I am not rich.
18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? Yes.
19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? I would move back to Texas because for a long time that felt like home to me.
20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? Yes I do push it more than once and I know it does not make it faster.
21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? A joyful simpleton, of course.
22. Why are you, you? I am me just for the same reason you are you. God made us this way.
23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? No.
24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? Losing touch.
25. What are you most grateful for? My husband and the changes he has made for both of our lives.
26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? Tough one. Lose all the old ones.
27. Is it possible to know the truth without challenging it first? Yes.
28. Has your greatest fear ever come true? Close, but no.
29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? Yes, and no it does not matter now but I can’t let it go.
30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special? Going up to the cabin every summer. It was a time when I could just be a kid and do the things kids do. Being outside, playing, exploring.
31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? Very recently. My marriage is better than ever.
32. If not now, then when? Never.
33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? Nothing.
34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? Oh yes.
35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? I don’t know. Conflict between religions is just about power.
36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? No.
37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? Yes, if I had one.
38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? Less, so I could have time to enjoy the things I want.
39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? Yup.
40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? 9 years ago.
41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? My mom, my sisters and brother, and of course I would not let Jason or the boys leave my side.
42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? No.
43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living? Being alive is what we all are. Truly living is doing what is in your heart and being happy.
44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? I think you should always do what you know is right.
45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? Because we don’t want to let others down.
46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? Nothing. I do what I want when I want and I say what I think.
47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? Every night when I lay in bed thinking, thinking, thinking.
48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? My husband and my children, and even when I am mad at one of them, I make it a point to say I Love You every day and give hugs and kisses.
49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that? I will remember probably. A lot of things I write down.
50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? I make them for myself.