If you own or even rent your home/town home or apartment, there are easy ways to update it on a low cost budget. As many people get nervous to try and do a few of these themselves, some are actually easier than you think. I’ll share a few tips to help renovate and help you enjoy your home again.
1. Cupboards - Wishing you could have that dream kitchen you’ve seen on Pinterest? You just need to give your kitchen cupboards the face lift they deserve and need. You may have already thought of helping to brighten up a place and make it look fresh but then you’re worried about all the sanding and priming you’ll have to do to make it work. A low cost way to get the same result is using cabinet transformation kits which comes in various colors to help you. The kit is roughly $100 and easy to use. All you need to do is clean the cupboard, paint the cupboards and the end results is a kitchen that looks almost new! If your cupboards are at the end of their life and need actual replacing, you could try to find a kitchen recycling company who can help complete with all the appliances that you need for a low price.
2. Patch The Holes Yourself - Of course there are always some small drywall repairs to be done before you try and paint a room but before you hire a contractor to paint, you can patch these holes yourself which helps save you money. Small holes are easy to cover up with and don’t take you much time to get it done too! Of course, larger holes are actually a bit intimidating but you could insert a small piece of wood in the hole in the drywall and then patch it. It truly is worth your time to make these quick repairs yourself.
3. Bathroom Updates - While it may be a quick trip to Costco to grab a new vanity at a great price, this is something that is inspirational for someone who wants to add a fresh new look to their bathroom! You could also find old dressers that were on their way to the dump! Get creative to help bring this back to life too with some paint and new handles! It’ll be a fun and inexpensive project to complete and finish a look you envision in your master bathroom or your powder room!
4. Premier Surfaces Kitchen Sink Makeover - Of course when we think of our kitchen we think of a great island or countertops but what about another big main part of your kitchen; the sink! It’s a place you use almost daily to wash dishes but want a long lasting turnover with it. I’d suggest purchasing a great sink from Premier Surfaces because they offer a variety of sinks to choose from including ones that are granite composite! Though this can be considered a pro in many aspect, this sink does make glassware more susceptible to breaking.
5. Adding Lighting Fixtures - Light fixtures are an easy upgrade that really boost and change the mood of any room. You can bring an entire space from the past to the present and the best part is it doesn’t have to cost you a lot of money either to do it! That is to say, if you are comfortable and handy with electrical, this is a great project to do yourself but if you aren’t then go ahead and hire a professional to help you! You could also change the light switches to a new style one for an also small cost as well. These nice features for your tenants or guests to enjoy are essential for everyone to enjoy the space together.
I’m sure there are other renovation tips you can use this summer to help you tackle these big and small projects. I’d make a list of what you can afford at this time and try to see what you could do yourself and what you may need outside help with. You’ll actually be able to get these don't quicker than you think and you’ll love the results!
Disclaimer: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.